USE THE DAY BEFORE A POOL PARTY FOR SPARKLING CLEAR WATER. Breaks down pollutants that cause eye sting and odour.
This pack contains sufficient Superfast product for 1 shock dose in the average domestic swimming pool of 11,000 gallons (50m3).
- Calculate the volume of water in your pool (if in doubt, consult the Fi-Clor Swimming Pool Handbook).
- Make sure there are no bathers in the water and keep the circulation running.
- Check wind direction to ensure that no granules are blown back towards you.
- Broadcast the product evenly over a wide area in the deepest part of the pool; never through the skimmer.
- This provides a 'mini boost dose', ideal for freshening up your pool the day before a pool party, or if you are expecting heavy use.
- The pool should be Superchlorinated during evening hours and the filter kept running overnight.
- Test the water the following day. Bathing should not recommence until the free chlorine is 4.0 mg/l or below.
- This provides a 'strong shock dose', to kill algae and remove general pool pollution, particularly following a thunder storm.
- Adjust the pH to as near 7.2 as possible.
- Brush off any algae that may be clinging to pool surfaces. Run the filter for 24 hours then backwash to remove dead algae from the top of the filter media. Vacuum the pool. Any remaining haziness should be removed by applying Fi-Clor Rapid clarifier.
- To help prevent a recurrence, dose the pool with one of Fi-Clors Algicides.
- Make sure free chlorine levels never fall below 1.5 mg/l (ppm) whether the pool is in use or not.