One of our most popular shock products. This is the largest Rapid Shock Blue Horizons has to offer and is superb to have in your pool store for curing issues such as green water and cloudy water or as a routine shock treatment. This is rapid shock for a reason as this product is very fast acting giving you more time to relax and enjoy your pool.
1. Maintain pH levels within the ideal range 7.2-7.6. If the level is not in this range, adjust
2. Maintain free chlorine residuals routinely in the 1-3mg/l (ppm) range. Shock or oxidising procedures are recommended either weekly or fortnightly with a maximum of 10mg/l (ppm) for a full shock treatment.
3. If the water temperature is 20oC or higher and the water depth is at least 4ft deep, this product can be carefully broadcast over the pool surface. Always check the wind direction before broadcasting. Alternatively, pre-dissolve this product in a clean plastic container at a maximum rate of 100g of product to 2.2 gallon (10 ltrs) in water. Stir well to ensure product is fully dissolved,. Add the resulting solution to the pool whilst the pump(s) are turned on preferably near the water inlets to aid distribution.
4. Repeat dose/application if necessary to achieve desired level.
5. After using this product the pool water may become temporarily cloudy, so keep the filtration pump running until it clears.
6. After shock treatment, allow the chlorine to drop below 5mg/l before bathing recommences, and in any event wait for at least 30 minutes before bathing recommences.