Fi-Clor Chlorine/Bromine Reducer neutralises high levels of chlorine or bromine in pool or spa water.
Ideal treatment when chlorine or bromine levels are higher than recommended for bathing, and there is insufficient time for them to fall naturally.
- Calculate the water volume of your pool (if in doubt refer to the Fi-Clor Swimming Pool Handbook).
- Accurately measure the free available chlorine level or available bromine and calculate the amount of sanitiser that needs to be reduced.
- For pools on chlorine, the dose rate is 7 grams of Fi-Clor Chlorine/Bromine Reducer per 1m3 of water for every 1ppm (mg/l) of chlorine to be reduced. For the average sized pool of 50m3 (11,000 gallons), 350g of the product will reduce the chlorine level by 1ppm (mg/l).
- For pools on bromine, the dose rate is 3 grams of Fi-Clor Chlorine/Bromine Reducer per 1m3 of water for every 1ppm (mg/l) of bromine to be reduced. For the average sized pool of 50m3 (11,000 gallons), 150g of the product will reduce the bromine level by 1ppm (mg/l).
- For best results, pre-dissolve in a clean plastic pail and distribute the product evenly around the pool.
- Wait for at least 2 hours before re-testing, making further additions if required. Under-dose rather than over-dose, as this can produce an unwanted chlorine/bromine demand.